Hotel Saturnia & International Venezia Hotel Saturnia & International Venezia Hotel Saturnia & International Venezia
book now

Franchetti's Gallery - Ca' D' Oro Venice

The Ca' D' Oro was built in the first half of the 1400’s by Marino Contarini. It is a symbol of Venice and features the typical Gothic-style architecture of the open loggia on the Grand Canal. The baron Giorgio Franchetti, who bought and restored it in the late 1800's, gifted the Palazzo and its art collections to the State in 1915. Among the works: paintings by Giovanni Bellini, Carpaccio, the "Saint Sebastian" by Mantegna and even paintings by Titian, Giorgione, Tintoretto, Guardi, van Eyck and other Flemish and German artist. Not to mention Venetian ceramics from across several centuries, marbles from the Renaissance, a collection of bronzes, rare medals, frescoes, Greek and Roman statues and fragments. As well as a remarkable wellhead by B. Bon, featuring the allegories of virtue.

Sign in
Not registered yet? Sign up
Sign up
Already registered? Sign in
Incorrect please try again
Enter the letters above: Enter the numbers you hear:
Get another CAPTCHA
Get an audio CAPTCHA
Get an image CAPTCHA
Help